- The powder production started in Trollhättan in 1950 at Ferrolegeringar Trollhätteverken AB, part of the Metallurg Group.
- In 1986 Trollhätteverken closed and the only surviving part was the powder production.
- The company was acquired by Thomas Klier in 1997 and office and the machinery was moved to Ekshärad in the county of Värmland in 1999.
- Large investments have been made through the years and today MPT Sweden AB is a high-tech, modern and cost-effective company.
- In 2009 CapMan bought the majority of the shares.
- In 2011 MPT inaugurated its 6th grinding mill and produced over 10.000 metric tons of powders, which makes MPT one of the leading powder producers worldwide.